Arugula and Mushroom Rustic Pasta
Author: Courtney O'Dell
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 oz oyster or crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup la crema chardonnay
- 3 cups fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 1 package rotini
- Fill a large stock pot with water to boil rotini.
- In a large, heavy pan, melt butter on medium (or heat oil until shimmery).
- Add diced onion, let soften and slightly brown- about five minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Stir occasionally until mushrooms start to slightly brown- another 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, keep stirring every few minutes so vegetables don't burn or stick- but let them take time to brown to a deep caramel color and to allow tomatoes to burst.
- Add pasta to boiling water in the stock pot and cook to al dente.
- When vegetables are a deep brown color, add wine and stir.
- Let wine reduce until sauce becomes thick.
- When pasta is done, drain well and add to the pan with the vegetables and sauce.
- Add arugula and toss until arugula is wilted and sauce is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately with chilled Chardonnay.
- See more at: http://blog.lacrema.com/rustic-vegan-pasta-arugula-mushroom/?pp=1#sthash.qryfUYC7.dpuf