Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland are the countries that make up Scandinavia. They are linked by distinct, yet related cultures. The pureness of their air, water and land translates into very clean milk, which leads to high quality cheeses. We have chosen a selection of 1/2 pound cheeses from these countries (with the exception of Iceland) to take you on a cheese tour of Scandinavia.
- Gjetost: Pronounced YAY-toast, this caramel-flavored cheese comes from a blend of cow and goat's milk. Packed with energy, Norwegian hikers always pack along a block of Gjetost before venturing too far away from home. (8 oz)
- Finlandia Swiss: Finland's best-selling, rich and characteristically nutty Swiss. Made from the EU's healthiest milk (IDF, 1995) taken from dairy cows grazing in Finland's pure and clean Northern environment. (8 oz)
- Väednost: Also called Herrgardost, this cheese has been produced since the 18th century and has a full-bodied, slightly grassy flavor. (8 oz)
- Danish Crumbly Blue: Made from cow's milk, it is a white cheese with a delicate network of blue-green veins. Denmark's rich, green grazing pastures and fertile soil contribute to the fine, consistent quality of this world famous product. (8 oz)
- Swedish Crispbread: Nothing compares with the taste and crunch of Wasa Crispbread. Wasa, a world famous Swedish bakehouse. (9 oz)
- Our Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for us at igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheeses.
- Gift Presentation: Hand assembled in our signature chocolate colored gift box, finished with an elegant matching ribon.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value